Albie Fiore (b.1946 d.2009) aka Taupi, aka Satori was an British editor, designer, crossword setter and role-playing games designer.
Albie was born in Southend-on-Sea, Essex, and educated at Southend high school for boys, Southend School of Architecture, and the Architectural Association in London.
In the 1970s, Albie was on the editorial team of Games & Puzzles, the crossword pages, and contributing the occasional cartoon, but in the late 1970s took over the editorship of the whole magazine. Shortly after Albie became involved in Dungeons and Dragons and began contributing to White Dwarf including several much loved scenarios, such as the Halls of Tizun Thane ( WD18) and The Lichway ( WD9) as well as editing the regular D&D monster Column - The Fiend Factory - many of which would go on it appear in the Fiend Folio, and supply designs for Citadel Miniatures Fiend Factory range. Albie also drew and desgined the original Citadel Miniatures logo. During the early 80s Albie also worked in a games production and development capacity at Games Workshop on titles such as Talisman and Judge Dredd the RPG. During the Rubik's cube craze of the early 80's Albie had serveral books publibshed on the subject. Albie would also contribute games to the Channel 4 T.V. programme The Crystal Maze.
Albie produced crosswords under the pseudonyms Taupi in The Guardian and Satori in the Financial Times.
- Dungeon Planner Set 1: Caverns of the Dead (GW)
- Dungeon Planner Set 2: Nightmare on Blackmarsh (GW)
- Fiend Folio (TSR)
- Judge Dredd: The Roleplaying Game
- Talisman (game development) (GW).
- Rubick's Puzzles
- Shaping Rubik's Snake
- Making Rubik's Magic
- Obituary at The Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2009/aug/18/albie-fiore-obituary
- Family Rememberance page https://albiefiore.wordpress.com
- Boardgame Geek entry https://boardgamegeek.com/rpgdesigner/1029/albie-fiore#header
- Condolences on Fifteen Squared http://www.fifteensquared.net/2009/07/29/albie-fiore/
- Video of Albie drawing a dungeon and dungeonmastering for Ian Livingstone, Steve Jackson, Ben Elton and Jervis Johnson. https://youtu.be/4ItRW9uXfIQ?t=4m8s