David Wells was born in Bristol, England, in 1940.
He was mad about maths, chess, go and game design as a child and got a scholarship to Cambridge University to study maths but failed his degree. He then became a maths teacher, then a professional puzzles composer and game inventor, puzzle editor of Games & Puzzles Magazine a contributor to White Dwarf and finally an author, of books on maths and puzzles, naturally, though he has also written on culture in general and economics and politics.
Board games designed by David Wells include:
- Galaxis 1980 Ravensburger - 'Spiel des Jahres' selection listed.
- Guerilla 1976 Ariel
Books written by David Wells include:
- The Penguin Book of Curious and Interesting Numbers
- The Penguin Book of Curious and Interesting Geometry
- The Penguin Book of Curious and Interesting Puzzles
- The Penguin Book of Curious and Interesting Mathematics
- You are a Mathematician
- Mindbenders and Brainteasers co-authored with Rob Eastaway
- Prime Numbers: The Most Mysterious Figures in Math
- Games and Mathematics: Subtle Connections
- Motivating Mathematics
- Philosophy and Abstract Games
Magazine articles by David Wells include:
- David Wells Amazon Author Page http://amzn.to/2nmHq9y
- David Wells Linked-in Page https://uk.linkedin.com/in/david-wells-a2ab2523