Christopher Baker (usually known as Chris Baker but also professionally as Fangorn), (b. 17 August 1960 in Birmingham, England) is an artist, illustrator and concept designer working in the science fiction, fantasy genre in the publishing, gaming and film industries.
Baker's pseudonym "Fangorn" is derived from the name of a forest in J. R. R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Baker received his education at the Bournville School of Art. In the late 70s and early 80s Fangorn supplied illustration and covers for White Dwarf Magazine and the Games Workshop edition of Dungeon and Dragons and the Fiend Folio.
In the early 1990s, Fangorn provided art for serval Games Workshop games, including the cover art of Advanced Space Crusade, the Space Hulk supplements Deathwing, Genestealer, and Battle for Armageddon. In addition to his many covers in the Redwall series, Fangorn also contributed artwork to Redwall Map & Riddler and Redwall Friend & Foe. He also worked alongside Stan Nicholls creating the art for the David Gemmell graphic novels Legend and Waylander. This work brought him to the attention of film director Stanley Kubrick, who Baker worked with on Eyes Wide Shut and A.I.
- Skyfall (2012) — concept design and storyboards
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) — concept/storyboards (in 2004)
- Corpse Bride (2005) — concept design (in 2003)
- Big Fish (2003) — storyboards (in 2002)
- Road to Perdition (2002) — storyboards (in 2000)
- The Time Machine (2002) — concept/storyboard artist (uncredited) (in 2000)
- Artificial Intelligence: A.I. (2001) — concept/storyboard artist (in 1999)
- Eyes Wide Shut (1999) — concept artist (in 1996)
- Redwall Calendar 1995
- Redwall Diary 1996
- Redwall Tenth Anniversary Edition
- Mariel of Redwall
- Martin the Warrior
- The Bellmaker
- Outcast of Redwall
- The Pearls of Lutra
- The Long Patrol
- Marlfox (cover and illustrations)
- The Legend of Luke (cover and illustrations)
- Lord Brocktree (cover and illustrations)
- The Taggerung